Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hi, friends!  Welcome to the world of international adoption.  I'm excited (with a hint of disappointment, but mostly excited!) to announce that BJ and I have decided to change countries!  I would explain why, but this is not the proper forum for that.  Our new country has several advantages over the last one, however this also means we are no longer pursuing Miles.  :(  But, the good news is regardless of where we go there will be one little boy who can say he is an ORPHAN NO MORE.  That is the ultimate goal.  I have to keep reminding myself that if Miles didn't end up with us it's because he was never meant to be with us.

More good news!  We are ALMOST fully funded!  We'd like to keep fundraising to build a contingency fund just in case we have to stay in country longer than expected.  This program is faster than the last one so we are hoping to compile our dossier quickly and be traveling by the end of the year.  We know anything can happen (obviously!) so we are just going to focus on our dossier and let God worry about the timing.

Thanks again for following along!  We love you guys!

Love,

BJ and Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, Congratulations on your two new boys! Lance just popped up on the Reece's Rainbow "My Family Found Me" page.

    I want you to know that our family has been praying for Lance to find a family for quite some time. I have been advocating for him on Facebook and even went to far as to print out his picture to give to any family that I knew was interested in adopting. I even pestered Julia Nalle (from the Micah Six Eight blog) to please share Lance's picture & advocate for him. My children have joined me in praying for Lance regularly and donating money to his account whenever we could come up with a little extra. We are so thrilled that he has found a family! Congratulations!

    We will be following your blog and hope that the rest of your adoption journey goes smoothly. We'll be praying for you guys, and for Lance- that God will continue to keep him safe, that God will prepare his heart & mind to enter a family. We hope & pray that God will bless you all.

    Sincerely, Kelly Jewell and family (Kip and the children- Mary 8yo, Nathan 7yo, Savannah 5yo and Lyra 2yo.
    (www.threelittlejewells.com or sixhappyjewells@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, guys! Thanks so much for advocating for Lance and a MILLION thanks for donating to his account. Most of all, thanks for praying! Please continue to pray for his heart as we have joined with you in that request. Please tell Mary, Nathan, Savannah and Lyra that I thanked God for them tonight. Bless you guys!

      Delete