Hey, guys!
I'm sure some of you saw the photo of the room BJ and I finished this weekend and wondered why we bought bunk beds. Well, we are so excited to announce that we will be bringing home TWO little boys! Here's how it happened...
After we decided to switch countries and we found a little boy who stole our hearts (Lucas) our coordinator told us there was a woman in country adopting a little girl from the same orphanage. I have been talking with Nicole (http://www.andthisonematters.blogspot.com/) ever since. She started advocating big time for the kiddos in her girl's group. The group included three boys (Lucas, Lance and Steven) and a girl (Tania). We committed to Lucas and she was adopting Tania which left only Lance and Steven. While she was in country her and her husband, Joe, fell in love with Steven and decided to go back for him! Since we had committed to Lucas that left only Lance! I started to wonder if God might be calling us to Lance. At first I didn't think so, but I could not get Lance off my mind. We figured with Nicole's advocacy somebody would commit to Lance any day.
But we could not stop thinking about him.
Day after day passed and he was still waiting.
After five weeks of wondering and praying and listening and researching and waiting we came to the conclusion there was no way we could leave him behind. So we committed. And bought bunk beds.
I know that many of you think we are crazy. That's okay. I'll talk about that in my next blog. :)
That's it for now. Please help us raise funds since our total cost will go up since we are adopting two. WE ARE ALMOST THERE.
Don't forget puzzle pieces are only $10! ONLY TEN DOLLARS! For each piece you buy we will write your name on the back of the piece and once the boys (BOYS!) are home we will glue the puzzle together and hang it in their room. Your name will hang on their wall as a testimony to all the people who helped get them HOME.
CLICK THE CHIP IN BUTTON TO DONATE! In the message line leave the name you want on the back of the piece.
Also, please stop by Nicole's blog as they raise funds for sweet Steven! He is the third kiddo they will bring into their family.
http://www.andthisonematters.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment